Eco Schools Silver Award
Ty Gwyn has now moved from Bronze Award Eco-School to Silver Award!
This means our learners have participated in developing our ethos and way of working in the following ways:
- Environmental Issues have been covered in at least three areas of the curriculum.
- The work is evident in our schemes of work, pupil work, lessons plans, resources or on displays around school.
- We have a prominent and designated Eco-Board detailing all Eco-Schools activities. Our Eco-Board is regularly updated.
- Our Eco-Committee uses a variety of mediums to help communicate their actions in newsletters and on school website.
- The wider community is involved in activities going on in and around the school (parents, carers, local businesses, environmental organisations, local churches and residential groups).
Onto Gold Award next - and we gain the Eco Schools Flag!