Size of Wales climate change charity visit
We were pleased to welcome Alicia from Size of Wales to school on Friday.
She told us how we, in far away Wales, can save tropical rainforests by our actions that can help preserve trees:
1. eat less meat if you can (and even better if its organic) as a lot of de-forestation comes from the land being used for cattle grazing
2. eat more greens and buy more locally produced food
3. try to avoid foods that contain palm oil as this means more de-forestation, things like biscuits
4. buy fair trade items like coffee, bananas and cacao
5. reduce-reuse-recyle, you don't need new all the time!
We can all help and save an area the size of Wales each day!